I can get fancy and wear dresses!!!
WOOOO! It's Fun Friday, just like in elementary school. That's right, we can have just as much fun as we did as kids if not MORE! Well, that's my goal.
To quote my awesome brother, "I refuse to buy into the school of thought that "growing up" means "giving up" and that being adult means "boring." Responsibility and happiness are NOT mutually exclusive and joy isn't just for children!"
Preach it Papa Perez! That being said, take a peak at the fun I had on Park Avenue last night!
There were delicious sips and AMAZING SNACKS!
We met a bear on Park Ave! The outdoors follows us!
I may have dined on some divine treats from the Bohemian Baker
Soooo good! Can we say Lemon Pound Cake AND Chocolate Pecan Pie?!?!?!?Life is about living and every once in a while, it's ok to indulge, right Mr. Bear?!?!
And after visiting The Spice & Tea Exchange
, I was inspired with the desire to cook healthy things!
Cute card I found and LOVED!
There were even great quotes. -------------------->
All in all, an amazing night with awesome people.
As I'm sure you can see, my blog is titled "Tracking Teeny."
This name is inspired by my need to run around like a crazy person and adventure. Thus, it's hard to "track me down." (Clever, I know) That being said...
My next impromptu trip: Quincy Quarry's in Boston, MA.
I'm packin up my bags and gear for next weekend, October 1st!!!!!!
Yes, I will be rock climbing sooner than expected! Can you tell how excited I am?!?!?!?
Take a peak at the rocks I'll be rolling with AND my sexy rope!
I'll be doing some climbing here. Good thing there's some nice water to plop in!
And here. AFTER a good frolic in the green grass, of course.
And BEHOLD! The ravishing rope I'll be rocking on some rocks with! (Take THAT alliteration)
So, I'm taking my advice, and living like a child: playing outdoors, running around and having a grand ole' time!
Don't worry. There will be some work this weekend. I have a 3 mile run tomorrow BUT then, it's onto some fun!
How do you plan to tap into you inner child this weekend?
My roots: Dancing, singing and acting
How do I get over Hump Day? Well, in the best way possible
- Enjoy the 1st taste of fall. Outside, it's not super hot and it felt, dare I say.....AUTUMNAL? I know, it is awesome
- I go swing dancing after work! That's right, I'm getting back to my roots. (Check my ABOUT section) The class is free and a fun way to exercise.
- I plan my next Vacation. Yes, I made it a goal to travel this year so...I'm doing it. Jet Blue has CRAZY specials today. I might have bought a ticket today to Boston. Shhhhh!
- I pick my Marathon to push me into overdrive! (I'm dropping the money tonight!) Which one will it be?
Yeah, Wednesday is pretty awesome under these particular circumstances. But, I've found when you decide the day shall be good...it is.
42nd Street. One of the MANY dance shows I was in back in the day! (Back in the day=6 months ago)
For those who read my last post, you most likely concluded that I was in Boston, MA over the weekend. Congrats, you won the power of knowledge! It was supposed to be a mini weekend getaway, but thanks to mother nature, I got a week long hiatus. Very different from my usual: get dirty, bruised AND conquer nature BUT, I managed to have an amazing time and relax. (Yes, I can actually have a "normal" vacation)
It included piles of food, 3 days of a walking ALL over Boston, a visit to Harvard AND guided tours from local Bostonians! (Including pizza, pastry and coffee tastings at the local eateries) There was even St. Anthony's Feast which included Italian Food Galore. (Honestly, it should be renamed St. Anthony's Food because all people seemed to do was eat.)
Now, you may be wondering, "HOW ON EARTH DO YOU MANAGE ALL THESE VACATIONS??!!!" And I know you would definitely ask this with super bold, all caps and 10 question marks if you saw my whopping paycheck. Well reader (Are You There Reader? It's Me, Teeny.) allow me to divulge: BE CHEAP. Kind of obvious, I know. BUT, I'll give details. Just don't let everyone know my dirty secrets or I'll be fighting for cheap flights. :)
Teeny's Tips for Thrifty Travel
- Offer to get bumped- Yup, bumping isn't just for cars. I got to fly round trip to Boston for $75 because I used a flight voucher received from getting bumped last year. Just tell the airline you don't mind and voila: $200 for your next vacation
- Stay with someone- Go places you KNOW you can stay for free. Then, you have all your funds for fun!
- Don't drink out, Beverage at home- Drinks out, particularly at bars in touristy areas can take all your money. Share an adult beverage at your place then party. You'll be amazed at the money you save!
- Walk vs. taxis/train- Use the feet you've been bequeathed when possible. Not only will you save money, but you'll be forced to take in the city AND work off some of your food tour.
- Go places that are cheap to go to- I know, but seriously. Big cities during off season and staying within the same time zone make it affordable. You don't have to backpack through Europe to call it a vacation. If it's new to you, it's a do!
There you have it! And now that I'm back, I have to work off vacation. (It's all a balance!) An afternoon run and a climbing session at Aiguille is a must. Besides, I have to start training for my next race. Rumor has it..I'm feeling a half marathon coming on.
Do you have any Cheap Travel Tips?
Any races you're planning on doing?
Sung to the tune of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego":
"Where in the World is Teeny at this moment?" (Technically at the computer typing...but think outside the box friends)
I'll give you a few hints....
- This region is in possession of the superior chowder
- The people dislike the use of r's
- The people prefer "sox" of the red persuasion
- A visitor named Irene left rain and cancelled flights (Bitch)
- There were some arguments in the past involving tea. A party ensued.
Did you figure it out? It is kind of obvious. But If not, don't worry. You have 3 days since my flight was cancelled. Thanks Irene. Unexpected extended vacation! I'll take it!
Pictures to follow
Welcome to the beginning of my blog! Since my name is synonymous with crazy, get ready.
I mean, on a scale from 1-ridiculous I am insane...but only in the BEST way possible.
On August 17th, it started. 16 fellow adventurers hopped into a van, drove 11 hours and set up camp for a 4 day, outdoor rock climbing trip in Foster Falls, Tennessee.
Each morning we'd wake up at the crack of dawn (well, 5:45 am was my average) and take the 45 minute trail hike to our camping destination. Rope and harness in tow, we'd climb and lounge for hours, soaking up the crisp mountain air and summer sun.
When our bodies had enough torture (walking turned into a hobble), we'd hike our worn out selves back to the site and belly flop into the frigid falls. After a good dip (who needs a shower when camping?) we'd head back, sit around the fire, eat, drink and have smores galore. Of course there were the obligatory guitar and drums to round out the camping experience.
The ULTIMATE highlight of the trip was when 4 particular crazies woke up the morning we were leaving at 5:00 AM (mind you AFTER a night of partying) hiked, climbed, hiked back, swam, packed up and in the car by 9:20 am. To say we were flying on an adrenaline high is an understatement. I mean, one of us said when looking at the wall, "This ball makes my climbs hurt." So yea, we were delirious but it was the well worth it!
I may already be planning my next outdoor trip......maybe. Once the bruises heal.....if I can wait that long.
Now, you need to find your fun active outdoor trip. I worked out for 5 hours a day and I barely even noticed. I earned some bruises, some smores and a stinky car. That's what I call a weekend of success!